I got bored again and wrote a pure Go implementation of DJB's ChaCha20
stream cipher, an improved version of the Salsa family of ciphers. It's
just a touch slower than AES-NI-backed CTR mode on my dev machine, and
conforms to the test vectors in AGL's draft TLS spec[1].

Code is here: https://github.com/codahale/chacha20/
Docs are here: http://godoc.org/github.com/codahale/chacha20

Feedback appreciated!

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-agl-tls-chacha20poly1305-00#section-7

--
Coda Hale
http://codahale.com

  • Jfcgauss at Nov 3, 2013 at 3:23 pm
    Hi,
    I see there is some plans
    (https://www.imperialviolet.org/2013/10/07/chacha20.html) to enrich cipher
    options in TLS standard, especially for authenticated encryption. Is there
    any plans on adding sponge function-based authenticated encryption schemes
    (in duplex mode, http://sponge.noekeon.org/CSF-0.1.pdf) to TLS? Keccak
    became SHA3 so I guess sponge functions would be a good addition to TLS ?