Hi all.

I've recently taken the leap and tried my hand at Go. Huge fan! :)

My first serious build was a cut-over of a script originally written in
Perl with underwhelming run-time performance. The algorithm needs to read
in DBF <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DBASE#File_formats> files and do a
bunch of number crunching on what it finds.

I was convinced to try the cut-over once I found a go library for DBF files
<https://code.google.com/p/go-dbf/>released under Apache licence 2.0<http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0>.
  The latest version doesn't work straight out of the box as it hasn't been
touched since August, 2011.

I had to do a little hackery to make it sing. Specifically, it needed to be
updated to suit the go1 language and core library changes, it didn't
initially support float types, and file errors were being thrown to STDOUT
instead of being passed back to the caller.

So, I've tried contacting the author, Aydın KILIÇ, via email and G+
messaging. I've had no success reaching him to pass the modifications on.
   I'm posting here in the hopes that it might still manage to hit his
radar. Failing that, I'm prepared to take over<https://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/FAQ#What_should_I_do_if_I_wish_to_take_over_a_project_that_appears_a>administration of the project to see the changes made available to others.

If anybody knows Aydin, I'd love for you to forward this message onto him.

kind regards,

Linds.