I would like to contribute to Go and was hoping that more experienced
gophers on this list would be able to recommend a list of issues from the
tracker that are suitable for someone new to the project. I am willing to
work on anything except the low level parts (I don't have the expertise and
there are good people tackling these already).

  • Dmitry Vyukov at Aug 11, 2013 at 9:32 am

    I would like to contribute to Go and was hoping that more experienced
    gophers on this list would be able to recommend a list of issues from the
    tracker that are suitable for someone new to the project. I am willing to
    work on anything except the low level parts (I don't have the expertise and
    there are good people tackling these already).
    Hi,

    You can search for HelpWanted issues:

    https://code.google.com/p/go/issues/list?can=2&q=status%3AHelpWanted&colspec=ID+Status+Stars+Priority+Owner+Reporter+Summary&cells=tiles

    However, these can actually be tough issues. Then you can just choose a
    package that you would like to improve, and search for issues in that
    package, e.g. net/http:

    https://code.google.com/p/go/issues/list?can=2&q=net%2Fhttp&colspec=ID+Status+Stars+Priority+Owner+Reporter+Summary&cells=tiles

  • Sergey Koulikov at Aug 11, 2013 at 9:53 am
    Thanks Dmitry. Narrowing it down by package seems to be a good way to
    proceed.
    I would like to contribute to Go and was hoping that more experienced
    gophers on this list would be able to recommend a list of issues from the
    tracker that are suitable for someone new to the project. I am willing to
    work on anything except the low level parts (I don't have the expertise and
    there are good people tackling these already).
    Hi,

    You can search for HelpWanted issues:

    https://code.google.com/p/go/issues/list?can=2&q=status%3AHelpWanted&colspec=ID+Status+Stars+Priority+Owner+Reporter+Summary&cells=tiles

    However, these can actually be tough issues. Then you can just choose a
    package that you would like to improve, and search for issues in that
    package, e.g. net/http:

    https://code.google.com/p/go/issues/list?can=2&q=net%2Fhttp&colspec=ID+Status+Stars+Priority+Owner+Reporter+Summary&cells=tiles
  • Rob Pike at Aug 11, 2013 at 10:58 am
    Even better, look for issues with the label "Suggested". They are
    suggested for just this purpose.

    -rob

  • Sergey Koulikov at Aug 11, 2013 at 11:19 am
    That's what I was after. Thank you Rob.