Hi folks,

I just released logging package for go.

go-logging supports multiple logging levels and asynchronous writing.
It causes extremely low extra delay by the logging functions. More
details are available in the github README.md file.

https://github.com/ccding/go-logging

Any suggestions and comments are welcomed.

Regards,
Cong

  • Dustin Sallings at Aug 2, 2013 at 6:32 am

    Cong Ding writes:

    Hi folks,

    I just released logging package for go.

    go-logging supports multiple logging levels and asynchronous writing.
    It causes extremely low extra delay by the logging functions. More
    details are available in the github README.md file.

    https://github.com/ccding/go-logging

    Any suggestions and comments are welcomed.
       It seems to require an actual *os.File to log to. That's undesirable
    to me. I tend to send most of my logs to syslog or similar for
    aggregation. I don't know why you'd restrict that here.

       Also, this seems like a very bad idea:

    void ·GetGoID(int32 ret) {
      ret = g->goid;
      USED(&ret);
    }

       The information is not valuable, and I don't think that mechanism is
    exposed as a stable, supported interface.

    --
    dustin