Hi, Guys

I just ported the C# version SimHash (http://simhash.codeplex.com/) to go,
it's a library to find the percentage of similarity between two given
strings, share it with you guys.

I'm developing a website needs similar feature like stackoverflow, related
topic of questions could instantly popup during entering a new one. And
after a little research, I found that simhash is a good algorithm, so I
just port a stable implementation from C# to Go. Hope it is useful.

You can get it from https://github.com/AllenDang/simhash

The usage is very simple, there is only one method actually, demo code is
listed below.

needle := "Reading bytes into structs using reflection"
hayStack := "Golang - mapping an variable length array to a struct"

likeness := GetLikenessValue(needle, hayStack)
fmt.Println("Likeness:", likeness)

Best Regards

  • Damian Gryski at Jul 30, 2013 at 8:40 am
    Two other versions:
        https://github.com/niven/simhashing
        https://github.com/dgryski/trifles/tree/master/simhash

    Damian

    go, it's a library to find the percentage of similarity between two given
    strings, share it with you guys.

    I'm developing a website needs similar feature like stackoverflow, related
    topic of questions could instantly popup during entering a new one. And
    after a little research, I found that simhash is a good algorithm, so I
    just port a stable implementation from C# to Go. Hope it is useful.

    You can get it from https://github.com/AllenDang/simhash

    The usage is very simple, there is only one method actually, demo code is
    listed below.

    needle := "Reading bytes into structs using reflection"
    hayStack := "Golang - mapping an variable length array to a struct"

    likeness := GetLikenessValue(needle, hayStack)
    fmt.Println("Likeness:", likeness)

    Best Regards
  • AllenDang at Jul 31, 2013 at 1:36 am
    Yes, I know them, but they are not very promising.