Uhh, where is the attachment? I am just looking for a simple FreeBSD
startup
script, but I could not see the attachment.

On Wednesday, May 2, 2012 8:47:34 PM UTC+2, Maxim Khitrov wrote:

For anyone interested in running a local godoc server on FreeBSD:

The attached rc.d script starts godoc as an unprivileged user, and
arranges for it to listen on 127.0.0.1:6060 and log to
/var/log/godoc.log. You can change all of these settings in rc.conf.

I run the server behind nginx and it's been working very well. The one
thing I couldn't figure out is if there is some simple way to specify
a root path for the URLs. The generated links are always absolute, so
serving the documentation from http://myserver/godoc/... doesn't work.
If someone has a solution for this, please let me know.

- Max

  • Maxim Khitrov at Jun 22, 2013 at 2:39 am
    Hm... I guess the server stripped it. Playground to the rescue:

    http://play.golang.org/p/0gFv1qckoR

    On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Johan Henselmans
    Uhh, where is the attachment? I am just looking for a simple FreeBSD startup
    script, but I could not see the attachment.

    For anyone interested in running a local godoc server on FreeBSD:

    The attached rc.d script starts godoc as an unprivileged user, and
    arranges for it to listen on 127.0.0.1:6060 and log to
    /var/log/godoc.log. You can change all of these settings in rc.conf.

    I run the server behind nginx and it's been working very well. The one
    thing I couldn't figure out is if there is some simple way to specify
    a root path for the URLs. The generated links are always absolute, so
    serving the documentation from http://myserver/godoc/... doesn't work.
    If someone has a solution for this, please let me know.

    - Max
  • Starfish at Jun 22, 2013 at 10:18 pm
    Oh my... Is there no simpler way?
    For anyone interested in running a local godoc server on FreeBSD:

    The attached rc.d script starts godoc as an unprivileged user, and
    arranges for it to listen on 127.0.0.1:6060 and log to
    /var/log/godoc.log. You can change all of these settings in rc.conf.

    I run the server behind nginx and it's been working very well. The one
    thing I couldn't figure out is if there is some simple way to specify
    a root path for the URLs. The generated links are always absolute, so
    serving the documentation from http://myserver/godoc/... doesn't work.
    If someone has a solution for this, please let me know.

    - Max
  • Johan Henselmans at Jun 25, 2013 at 6:44 am
    Sure:

    #!/bin/bash

    export GOPATH=/home/golang/pkgs
    export PATH=/home/golang/pkgs/bin:$PATH

    gotour

    But then you'd miss a lot of the nice things that the rc structure gives
    you, like possibility to stop, restart and reload in a coherent way.