I wrote a go library as well as a command-line utility (similar to s3cmd
for AWS S3) for mega.co.nz service.

Command-line client:
https://github.com/t3rm1n4l/megacmd

megaclient package - an API abstraction based on URI.
https://github.com/t3rm1n4l/megacmd/tree/master/client

mega package - a low level API that deals with encryption and filesystem
representation
https://github.com/t3rm1n4l/go-mega

It would be great if I could get some feedback. Please try it out.

--
Happy Hacking,
Sarath Lakshman

  • Sarath Lakshman at Jun 19, 2013 at 3:56 pm
    Hi,

    I am also planning to write a FUSE layer for mega.co.nz service to support
    user space filesystem on top of the client libraries that I have already
    written. Since Mega offers 50 GB of free space, that would be very useful
    for use cases such as running some private git repositories for personal
    file versioning, code hosting and backups.

    Using Go for writing the library and client was a good choice and helped me
    easily achieve planned features. Especially, the go routines and channels
    helped me to convert single connection based download/upload code to multi
    connection based parallel split download/upload, implement progress bars,
    etc in a very short span of time.

    Let me know if anyone is interested in working on this project.

    --
    Happy Hacking,
    Sarath Lakshman
    http://www.sarathlakshman.com

    On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Sarath Lakshman

    I wrote a go library as well as a command-line utility (similar to s3cmd
    for AWS S3) for mega.co.nz service.

    Command-line client:
    https://github.com/t3rm1n4l/megacmd

    megaclient package - an API abstraction based on URI.
    https://github.com/t3rm1n4l/megacmd/tree/master/client

    mega package - a low level API that deals with encryption and filesystem
    representation
    https://github.com/t3rm1n4l/go-mega

    It would be great if I could get some feedback. Please try it out.

    --
    Happy Hacking,
    Sarath Lakshman
    http://www.sarathlakshman.com
  • Rthiel0234 at Aug 12, 2013 at 11:54 pm
    Hi,

    first of all - this is an awesome piece of work!

    Now i'm searching for a way to easily compile megacmd for Windows 32bit, as
    i'm on 32bit VMs sometimes.

    I guess i'll have a GO session and try it myself.

    Thanks a lot,

    René