FAQ
Hi,

Here is the gist.

%GOPATH% = /

/src/[project]/.(dependencies|imports|some name) <- optional file in root
project directory
in it:
code.google.com/p/gorilla/mux go12
code.google.com/p/gorilla/pat [sha|tag|branch]

and in /pkg/[enviroment]/
code.google.com/p/gorilla/go12/mux.a
code.google.com/p/gorilla/[sha|tag|branch]/pat.a

when [project] is build and there are no *.a for [sha|tag|branch]
repository is checked out to [sha|tag|branch] and installed in its
directory,
then used for building [project], imports that has no version specified are
in root directory
/pkg/[enviroment]/code.google.com/p/gorilla/rpc.a(repository tagged with
go1 or tip/master).

What is wrong/right about this idea?

--
hash

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Search Discussions

  • Dave Cheney at May 30, 2013 at 1:35 am
    I believe this suggestion is identical to the

    import "somecompany/v1/somepackage"

    proposal which has been raised several times.
    On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM, hash wrote:
    Hi,

    Here is the gist.

    %GOPATH% = /

    /src/[project]/.(dependencies|imports|some name) <- optional file in root
    project directory
    in it:
    code.google.com/p/gorilla/mux go12
    code.google.com/p/gorilla/pat [sha|tag|branch]

    and in /pkg/[enviroment]/
    code.google.com/p/gorilla/go12/mux.a
    code.google.com/p/gorilla/[sha|tag|branch]/pat.a

    when [project] is build and there are no *.a for [sha|tag|branch] repository
    is checked out to [sha|tag|branch] and installed in its directory,
    then used for building [project], imports that has no version specified are
    in root directory
    /pkg/[enviroment]/code.google.com/p/gorilla/rpc.a(repository tagged with go1
    or tip/master).

    What is wrong/right about this idea?

    --
    hash

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
    email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Hash at May 30, 2013 at 9:37 am
    Except few things,
    the folder structure of the repository stays the same,
    there is only one place to change version(the whole [project] has one
    version),
    it is easier to choose any version you wish(the owner of the imported
    repository does not have to do anything).

    Other than these, yes identical.
    On Thursday, 30 May 2013 03:35:37 UTC+2, Dave Cheney wrote:

    I believe this suggestion is identical to the

    import "somecompany/v1/somepackage"

    proposal which has been raised several times.

    On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM, hash <has...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
    wrote:
    Hi,

    Here is the gist.

    %GOPATH% = /

    /src/[project]/.(dependencies|imports|some name) <- optional file in root
    project directory
    in it:
    code.google.com/p/gorilla/mux go12
    code.google.com/p/gorilla/pat [sha|tag|branch]

    and in /pkg/[enviroment]/
    code.google.com/p/gorilla/go12/mux.a
    code.google.com/p/gorilla/[sha|tag|branch]/pat.a<http://code.google.com/p/gorilla/%5Bsha%7Ctag%7Cbranch%5D/pat.a>

    when [project] is build and there are no *.a for [sha|tag|branch]
    repository
    is checked out to [sha|tag|branch] and installed in its directory,
    then used for building [project], imports that has no version specified are
    in root directory
    /pkg/[enviroment]/code.google.com/p/gorilla/rpc.a(repository tagged with go1
    or tip/master).

    What is wrong/right about this idea?

    --
    hash

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
    email to golang-nuts...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Rémy Oudompheng at May 30, 2013 at 11:04 am
    How do you imagine your system to behave with recursive dependencies?

    What if A depends on Bv2 and Cv1, but B v2 depends on C v2?

    Where in the toolchain do you implement the support for your system?

    Rémy.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Henrik Johansson at May 30, 2013 at 11:19 am
    It fails on the first conflict and you get to manage the deps, maybe
    upgrade.

    No different than today except you have the possibility.

    Nb. Possibly scanned the thread too fast.... ;-)
    On May 30, 2013 1:04 PM, "Rémy Oudompheng" wrote:

    How do you imagine your system to behave with recursive dependencies?

    What if A depends on Bv2 and Cv1, but B v2 depends on C v2?

    Where in the toolchain do you implement the support for your system?

    Rémy.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
    email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupgolang-nuts @
categoriesgo
postedMay 30, '13 at 1:32a
activeMay 30, '13 at 11:19a
posts5
users4
websitegolang.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase