Can anyone recommend an open source DNS server in go? Requirement is to
serve one domain with a couple hosts. It need not be fancy or implement
absolutely every feature of the DNS spec but what it does do should be
robust enough to handle the expected abuse on public Internet. DNS host
will be running Ubuntu. Thanks.

  • Kamil Kisiel at May 27, 2013 at 4:23 pm
    Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote https://github.com/abh/geodns for the NTP project.
    It may do what you need. I'm not sure why it matters if the server is
    written in Go or not if you are just looking to run a DNS server though?
    Can anyone recommend an open source DNS server in go? Requirement is to
    serve one domain with a couple hosts. It need not be fancy or implement
    absolutely every feature of the DNS spec but what it does do should be
    robust enough to handle the expected abuse on public Internet. DNS host
    will be running Ubuntu. Thanks.
  • Hotei at May 27, 2013 at 5:45 pm
    Kamil,
    Thanks for the suggestion - I'll check it out.

    The 'requirement' for go is more of a preference. I've let the ISPs handle
    it for so long that I've forgotten how to do it myself. I assume that a go
    implementation might be lacking a few esoteric features but as a benefit
    might be easier to configure. I also like to look at well written go just
    to learn new ways of doing things. I'll probably fall back to ISC named if
    necessary. I assume that's still the 'reference' implementation.
    It may do what you need. I'm not sure why it matters if the server is
    written in Go or not if you are just looking to run a DNS server though?
    Can anyone recommend an open source DNS server in go? Requirement is to
    serve one domain with a couple hosts. It need not be fancy or implement
    absolutely every feature of the DNS spec but what it does do should be
    robust enough to handle the expected abuse on public Internet. DNS host
    will be running Ubuntu. Thanks.
  • Hotei at May 27, 2013 at 6:16 pm
    Progress. GeoDNS was a bit more than I needed but internally it refers to
    github.com/miekg/dns. This seems pretty close to what I was looking for.
[...]

  • Miek Gieben at May 27, 2013 at 7:33 pm
    [ Quoting in "[go-nuts] Re: [searching for] DNS s..." ]
    Progress. GeoDNS was a bit more than I needed but internally it refers to
    github.com/miekg/dns. This seems pretty close to what I was looking for.
    ... and feel free to ask for features or give suggestions :-)

    Kind regards,
    Miek Gieben
  • Ask at May 28, 2013 at 9:09 am