I tried Go recently after seeing a video by Rob Pike - I really really
liked the experience of it. I have not tried out the concurrency stuffs yet
but the layout of the library and the documentation is simply beautiful!

Are there any plans to incorporate video codec in the standard go library?

Regards,
Kashyap

  • Alexei Sholik at May 2, 2013 at 11:17 pm
    Standard library changes very slowly. But there are already some codecs
    available. Take a look at the following:

    http://code.google.com/p/go-wiki/wiki/Projects#Graphics_and_Audio
    http://code.google.com/p/vp8-go/
    http://code.google.com/p/ffvp8-go/

    I tried Go recently after seeing a video by Rob Pike - I really really
    liked the experience of it. I have not tried out the concurrency stuffs yet
    but the layout of the library and the documentation is simply beautiful!

    Are there any plans to incorporate video codec in the standard go library?

    Regards,
    Kashyap

    Best regards
    Alexei Sholik

  • Brendan Tracey at May 3, 2013 at 12:55 am
    Does anyone know if there are there tools for turning a set of images into
    a video?

    On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM, C K Kashyap <ckka...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    I tried Go recently after seeing a video by Rob Pike - I really really
    liked the experience of it. I have not tried out the concurrency stuffs yet
    but the layout of the library and the documentation is simply beautiful!

    Are there any plans to incorporate video codec in the standard go library?

    Regards,
    Kashyap

    Best regards
    Alexei Sholik
  • Tharaneedharan Vilwanathan at May 3, 2013 at 1:54 am
    Hi,

    Would ffmpeg help? I was planning to use it.

    Regards
    dharani

    http://code.google.com/p/go-**wiki/wiki/Projects#Graphics_**and_Audio<http://code.google.com/p/go-wiki/wiki/Projects#Graphics_and_Audio>
    http://code.google.com/p/vp8-**go/ <http://code.google.com/p/vp8-go/>