On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM, Aaron Schlesinger wrote:

Admittedly at only a few hours' experimentation, I can't determine all of
the functionality that net/http has in it for HTTP servers. Mostly to
satisfy my curiosity, I'm looking to see if any of the following
functionality exists anywhere, inside or out of the standard librarye

* Support for Chunked HTTP requests and responses
this is supported by the net/http package.
* A Sinatra-like API (similar to that in web.go)
* Websocket support
code.google.com/p/go.net/websocket
* SPDY support
code.google.com/p/go.net/spdy

  • Igor Cananea at Apr 17, 2013 at 7:11 pm
    Igor Chaves Cananéa

    "Designing grand concepts is fun; finding nitty little bugs is work."
    (Frederick P. Brooks Jr - The Mythical Man-Month)
    Visitem meus blogs! http://igorbh.blogspot.com e
    http://nerdpensando.blogspot.com/

    Admittedly at only a few hours' experimentation, I can't determine all of
    the functionality that net/http has in it for HTTP servers. Mostly to
    satisfy my curiosity, I'm looking to see if any of the following
    functionality exists anywhere, inside or out of the standard librarye

    * Support for Chunked HTTP requests and responses
    this is supported by the net/http package.
    * A Sinatra-like API (similar to that in web.go)
    I'm not familiar with sinatra, but http://www.gorillatoolkit.org/ sufficies
    must of my needs.
    * Websocket support

    code.google.com/p/go.net/websocket
    * SPDY support
    code.google.com/p/go.net/spdy

  • Hraban Luyat at Apr 17, 2013 at 7:44 pm
    what a coincidence I just implemented websockets in my web.go branch

    github.com/hraban/web

    still working on creating a testing suite for it but experimenting with it
    shows working results besides it leverages net.go/websockets so i have some
    confidence

    see https://github.com/hraban/web/blob/master/examples/websocket.go

    greetings earthlings

    hraban
[...]

  • Aaron Schlesinger at Apr 17, 2013 at 7:24 pm
    Admittedly at only a few hours' experimentation, I can't determine all of
    the functionality that net/http has in it for HTTP servers. Mostly to
    satisfy my curiosity, I'm looking to see if any of the following
    functionality exists anywhere, inside or out of the standard librarye

    * Support for Chunked HTTP requests and responses
    * A Sinatra-like API (similar to that in web.go)
    * Websocket support
    * SPDY support

    A quick search revealed GoWeb (https://github.com/stretchrcom/goweb) and
    web.go (https://github.com/hoisie/web).

    Are there others that I missed?

  • Aaron Schlesinger at Apr 17, 2013 at 7:24 pm
    Great, thanks for those pointers.
    Admittedly at only a few hours' experimentation, I can't determine all of
    the functionality that net/http has in it for HTTP servers. Mostly to
    satisfy my curiosity, I'm looking to see if any of the following
    functionality exists anywhere, inside or out of the standard librarye

    * Support for Chunked HTTP requests and responses
    this is supported by the net/http package.
    * A Sinatra-like API (similar to that in web.go)
    * Websocket support
    code.google.com/p/go.net/websocket
    * SPDY support
    code.google.com/p/go.net/spdy