Hello,

would be curious to get a rough idea how multiplexing Go coroutines on
system threrads works. I found HawtDispatch<http://hawtdispatch.fusesource.org/>for Java where the code is open source and therefore open. So I can steal
the approach with my eyes. But I would still be interested in some paper or
whatever that describes how it works in Go. It's just a interesting topic.

Thanks, Bienlein

  • Jan Mercl at Apr 9, 2013 at 11:45 am

    I found HawtDispatch for Java where the code is open
    source and therefore open. So I can steal the approach with my eyes. But I
    would still be interested in some paper or whatever that describes how it
    works in Go. It's just a interesting topic.
    FIY: Go is FOSS: https://code.google.com/p/go/ and the runtime is
    here: https://code.google.com/p/go/source/browse#hg%2Fsrc%2Fpkg%2Fruntime

    -j

  • Chris Hines at Apr 9, 2013 at 4:37 pm
    That part of the run time is currently undergoing a major overhaul. See the Scalable
    Go Scheduler Design<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/golang-dev/_H9nXe7jG2U/QEjSCEVB3SMJ> thread for
    more information.
    I found HawtDispatch for Java where the code is open
    source and therefore open. So I can steal the approach with my eyes. But I
    would still be interested in some paper or whatever that describes how it
    works in Go. It's just a interesting topic.
    FIY: Go is FOSS: https://code.google.com/p/go/ and the runtime is
    here: https://code.google.com/p/go/source/browse#hg%2Fsrc%2Fpkg%2Fruntime

    -j
  • Dave Cheney at Apr 10, 2013 at 4:36 am
    The bits you want are in runtime/proc.c
    would be curious to get a rough idea how multiplexing Go coroutines on
    system threrads works. I found HawtDispatch for Java where the code is open