Hi list.

Currently, I'm writing some application that getting JSON via long poll
like following.

for {
client.Observe()
}

For an hour or two hours, it works fine for me. but passing four or five
hours, error occured in receiving datas.

No buffer space available

I tried to add runtime.GC() in this loop but it not solved this problem.
Anyone do you know the something to solve this problem?

https://github.com/mattn/go-lingr/blob/master/lingr-ircd/lingr-ircd.go#L126-L137

I'm writing this with go latest in the repo. working this on linux CentOS 6.

- Yasuhiro Matsumoto

  • Albert Strasheim at Apr 7, 2013 at 3:49 pm

    For an hour or two hours, it works fine for me. but passing four or five
    hours, error occured in receiving datas.
    No buffer space available
    I tried to add runtime.GC() in this loop but it not solved this problem.
    Anyone do you know the something to solve this problem?

    https://github.com/mattn/go-lingr/blob/master/lingr-ircd/lingr-ircd.go#L126-L137
    I'm writing this with go latest in the repo. working this on linux CentOS
    6.
    This is pretty strange. The error string might mean that you are getting
    ENOBUFS for some reason. From googling it seems more like a UDP thing.

    Maybe run the app under strace -f -q -s1000 -v -tt -ostrace.log? Might be a
    network poller issue.

    Regards

    Albert

  • Mattn at Apr 8, 2013 at 12:15 am
    This is pretty strange. The error string might mean that you are getting
    ENOBUFS for some reason. From googling it seems more like a UDP thing.

    Yes, but this is TCP thing.
    Maybe run the app under strace -f -q -s1000 -v -tt -ostrace.log? Might be
    a network poller issue.

    Thank you, I'll try it in later.

  • Mattn at Apr 8, 2013 at 11:24 am
    Sorry all.
    I forgot to close stream with defer r.Body.Close().
    This is pretty strange. The error string might mean that you are getting
    ENOBUFS for some reason. From googling it seems more like a UDP thing.

    Yes, but this is TCP thing.
    Maybe run the app under strace -f -q -s1000 -v -tt -ostrace.log? Might
    be a network poller issue.

    Thank you, I'll try it in later.
  • Dmitry Vyukov at Apr 7, 2013 at 10:52 pm

    Currently, I'm writing some application that getting JSON via long poll like
    following.

    for {
    client.Observe()
    }

    For an hour or two hours, it works fine for me. but passing four or five
    hours, error occured in receiving datas.

    No buffer space available

    I tried to add runtime.GC() in this loop but it not solved this problem.
    Anyone do you know the something to solve this problem?

    https://github.com/mattn/go-lingr/blob/master/lingr-ircd/lingr-ircd.go#L126-L137

    I'm writing this with go latest in the repo. working this on linux CentOS 6.

    This post:
    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-performance/2003-July/000396.html
    suggests that it can be an issue with network interface, or DOS from network.