FAQ
Hi,

the websocket specification is final.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455

But the websocket library at
http://godoc.org/code.google.com/p/go.net/websocket
supports only
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-17

The lack of a trustworthy up-to-date standard websocket library is the main
reason why I am not even trying Go.
Why does the Go team not offer a standard websocket library ?

Best regards

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Search Discussions

  • Andy Balholm at Apr 5, 2013 at 4:07 pm

    On Friday, April 5, 2013 3:22:13 AM UTC-7, Gen wrote:

    The lack of a trustworthy up-to-date standard websocket library is the
    main reason why I am not even trying Go.
    Why does the Go team not offer a standard websocket library ?
    Probably because they're busy with other things.

    I needed a HTML parsing package, and the one in the standard library was
    only about half finished, so I helped to finish it. Maybe you could do the
    same for the websocket package.

    See http://golang.org/doc/contribute.html

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Kyle Lemons at Apr 6, 2013 at 11:01 pm
    Have you tried http://godoc.org/github.com/garyburd/go-websocket/websocket ?

    The Go team is working on the core of the language and getting 1.1 out the
    door.

    On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 3:22 AM, Gen wrote:

    Hi,

    the websocket specification is final.
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455

    But the websocket library at
    http://godoc.org/code.google.com/p/go.net/websocket
    supports only
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-17

    The lack of a trustworthy up-to-date standard websocket library is the
    main reason why I am not even trying Go.
    Why does the Go team not offer a standard websocket library ?

    Best regards

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
    email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Monstrolab Ru at Nov 12, 2014 at 11:12 pm
    Is there any news regarding this thread?

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Sc28 at Nov 13, 2014 at 3:44 am
    Have you looked here:

    https://github.com/gorilla/websocket

    On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 4:56:28 PM UTC-5, monstr...@gmail.com wrote:

    Is there any news regarding this thread?
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupgolang-nuts @
categoriesgo
postedApr 5, '13 at 2:58p
activeNov 13, '14 at 3:44a
posts5
users5
websitegolang.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase