I was wondering if anybody knew what software was used by the GO presenters
at Google I/O 2012 (video for clarification
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6kdp27TYZs). I am a student of computer
science at Western Michigan University and I am going to be doing a
presentation on GO for the computer club at school. It would be very useful
to be able to illustrate this talk with code examples. Also, if it isn't
too much to ask, is there a language agnostic tool for doing this? We do
these talks on a fairly regular basis on a number of different languages
and it would be nice to be able to use a tool like this for more of them.

  • Sebastien Binet at Mar 29, 2013 at 5:31 pm
    Daniel,

    I was wondering if anybody knew what software was used by the GO presenters
    at Google I/O 2012 (video for clarification
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6kdp27TYZs). I am a student of computer
    science at Western Michigan University and I am going to be doing a
    presentation on GO for the computer club at school. It would be very useful
    to be able to illustrate this talk with code examples. Also, if it isn't
    too much to ask, is there a language agnostic tool for doing this? We do
    these talks on a fairly regular basis on a number of different languages and
    it would be nice to be able to use a tool like this for more of them.
    IIRC, the tool is there:
    https://code.google.com/p/go/source/browse/?repo=talks#hg%2Fpresent

    doc:
    http://godoc.org/code.google.com/p/go.talks/pkg/present

    hth,
    -s

  • Rob Pike at Mar 29, 2013 at 6:07 pm
    Seb lists the relevant links. The tools are Go-specific but they
    shouldn't be too hard to adapt to other languages, although I would
    resist changes to the standard tool to push in that direction - it's
    an infinitely long road.

    -rob

  • John Jeffery at Feb 8, 2014 at 6:18 am
    The code and documentation for the present tool has moved. It moved quite a
    while ago, but I thought I'd post the updated links to make it easy for
    anyone who is searching for this.

    Source code for the
    tool: https://code.google.com/p/go/source/browse/?repo=tools#hg%2Fpresent

    Documentation for file