Does anybody know what software is used to do seemingly all of the talks
about GO at Google IO 2010? (video for example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6kdp27TYZs) I am a computer science
student at Western Michigan University. I am going to be giving a
presentation about the Go language for the university computer club and it
would be really nice to be able to illustrate the talk with some code
snippets as seen in the videos of Google IO. Also, if it isn't too much to
ask, we do a fair number of these talks on various programming languages
and I was wondering if there was some language agnostic tool for doing
this? Or at least one that supports multiple languages. Thank you in
advance.

  • Ian Lance Taylor at Mar 29, 2013 at 6:41 pm

    Does anybody know what software is used to do seemingly all of the talks
    about GO at Google IO 2010? (video for example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6kdp27TYZs) I am a computer science student
    at Western Michigan University. I am going to be giving a presentation about
    the Go language for the university computer club and it would be really nice
    to be able to illustrate the talk with some code snippets as seen in the
    videos of Google IO. Also, if it isn't too much to ask, we do a fair number
    of these talks on various programming languages and I was wondering if there
    was some language agnostic tool for doing this? Or at least one that
    supports multiple languages. Thank you in advance.
    I don't know what was used in 2010, but have you seen
    https://code.google.com/p/go.talks/ ?

    Ian

  • Tony Worm at Mar 29, 2013 at 7:06 pm
    I 'go got' the present package and used that to run/give rob's concurrency
    patterns talk. You can even run the code snippets you embed.
    (the other students really liked that feature)

    This may be my favorite go package right now!
    Does anybody know what software is used to do seemingly all of the talks
    about GO at Google IO 2010? (video for example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6kdp27TYZs) I am a computer science student
    at Western Michigan University. I am going to be giving a presentation about
    the Go language for the university computer club and it would be really nice
    to be able to illustrate the talk with some code snippets as seen in the
    videos of Google IO. Also, if it isn't too much to ask, we do a fair number
    of these talks on various programming languages and I was wondering if there
    was some language agnostic tool for doing this? Or at least one that
    supports multiple languages. Thank you in advance.
    I don't know what was used in 2010, but have you seen
    https://code.google.com/p/go.talks/ ?

    Ian
  • Daniel Dyla at Mar 29, 2013 at 7:48 pm
    Yes this is exactly what I needed. Thank you very much. Now I just need to
    learn the slide syntax and I'll be on my way. :)
    Does anybody know what software is used to do seemingly all of the talks
    about GO at Google IO 2010? (video for example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6kdp27TYZs) I am a computer science student
    at Western Michigan University. I am going to be giving a presentation about
    the Go language for the university computer club and it would be really nice
    to be able to illustrate the talk with some code snippets as seen in the
    videos of Google IO. Also, if it isn't too much to ask, we do a fair number
    of these talks on various programming languages and I was wondering if there
    was some language agnostic tool for doing this? Or at least one that
    supports multiple languages. Thank you in advance.
    I don't know what was used in 2010, but have you seen
    https://code.google.com/p/go.talks/ ?

    Ian
  • Tony Worm at Mar 29, 2013 at 7:51 pm
    http://godoc.org/code.google.com/p/go.talks/pkg/present
[...]

  • Tony Worm at Mar 29, 2013 at 7:53 pm
    btw, how can I make my email address show up in the slide deck?
[...]

  • Andrew Gerrand at Apr 2, 2013 at 3:13 am
    You should be able to include the email address on the line that follows
    your name. It should then show up on the final page of the presentation.

    Andrew

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?**v=f6kdp27TYZs<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6kdp27TYZs>)
    I am a computer science student
    at Western Michigan University. I am going to be giving a
    presentation about
    the Go language for the university computer club and it would be
    really nice
    to be able to illustrate the talk with some code snippets as seen in the
    videos of Google IO. Also, if it isn't too much to ask, we do a fair number
    of these talks on various programming languages and I was wondering if there
    was some language agnostic tool for doing this? Or at least one that
    supports multiple languages. Thank you in advance.
    I don't know what was used in 2010, but have you seen
    https://code.google.com/p/go.**talks/<https://code.google.com/p/go.talks/>?

    Ian