I just uploaded a major update of my zmq3 package.

https://github.com/pebbe/zmq3

Since the first implementation, I have been working through the
examples in the Zguide, re-implementing each in Go, partly as a
test of the package.

And I ran into a problem. In the beginning, I didn't implement
polling. I figured, you can have the same affect with
goroutines, handling multiple sockets at the same time. It turns
out, you can't, not if you access the same socket from different
goroutines at the same time, because a 0MQ socket is not
thread-safe.

So now I have implemented polling, and I rewrote all examples I
had so far, that used groutines for accessing sockets.

There are now 31 examples. I still intend to implemented all
examples from the Zguide.

I also added a few higher level functions, for reading and
writing multi-part messages.

--
Peter Kleiweg
my Go programming cookbook: http://www.let.rug.nl/~kleiweg/go/

  • Rory McGuire at Mar 11, 2013 at 10:48 am
    Nice. Thanks. Hope to play with this sometime.