Me and a friend of mine are out traveling and have been taking a lot of
pictures. Our cameras record GPS coordinates and stores them in the
EXIF data of each image.

We thought it would be nice to plot these GPS coordinates on a map and
started looking for map libraries available in Go. Eventually we ended
up writing a small and simple package with bindings to osm-gps-map [1].

After the gtkmap package [2][3] was written it became trivial to
implement tools which plotted these GPS coordinates on a map.

The nice thing about osm-gps-map is that it provides a lot of different
sources for the map tile representations. Thus you can choose to use
the map tiles from Google Maps, OpenStreetMap, Virtual Earth or any of
the others.

Here are a few screenshots for anyone interested:
https://raw.github.com/mewmew/gtkmap/master/examples/gpsview/gpsview1.png
https://raw.github.com/mewmew/gtkmap/master/examples/gpsview/gpsview2.png
https://raw.github.com/mewmew/gtkmap/master/examples/gmapview/gmapview.png

The source code for the example tools displayed in the screenshots are
available on the github repo.

Hopefully this will be of use to someone :)

Cheers /Robin and Daniel

[1]: http://nzjrs.github.com/osm-gps-map/
[2]: https://github.com/mewmew/gtkmap
[3]: http://godoc.org/github.com/mewmew/gtkmap