NIST have a testsuite for many aspects X.509 (and S/MIME) which is
fairly comprehensive:

http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/crypto_apps_infra/pki/pkitesting.html

I have a go package that runs a reasonable subset of the X.509 tests here:
https://github.com/agl/pkits-go

It's 1.7MB (even trimmed down), so I don't think that it's really suitable
for go.crypto but, if you're doing work on crypto/x509, it's worth giving
it a run as a sanity check.

Cheers

AGL

  • Dave Cheney at Feb 16, 2013 at 12:13 am
    I think it is worth including, especially if it cross checks the quality of the std lib on every commit.
    NIST have a testsuite for many aspects X.509 (and S/MIME) which is fairly comprehensive:

    http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/crypto_apps_infra/pki/pkitesting.html

    I have a go package that runs a reasonable subset of the X.509 tests here: https://github.com/agl/pkits-go

    It's 1.7MB (even trimmed down), so I don't think that it's really suitable for go.crypto but, if you're doing work on crypto/x509, it's worth giving it a run as a sanity check.

    Cheers

    AGL
  • Andrew Gerrand at Feb 17, 2013 at 10:01 pm
    +1 I think this is worth including
    I think it is worth including, especially if it cross checks the quality
    of the std lib on every commit.

    NIST have a testsuite for many aspects X.509 (and S/MIME) which is
    fairly comprehensive:

    http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/crypto_apps_infra/pki/pkitesting.html

    I have a go package that runs a reasonable subset of the X.509 tests here:
    https://github.com/agl/pkits-go

    It's 1.7MB (even trimmed down), so I don't think that it's really suitable
    for go.crypto but, if you're doing work on crypto/x509, it's worth giving
    it a run as a sanity check.

    Cheers

    AGL

  • Adam Langley at Feb 19, 2013 at 6:39 pm