I built gccgo (GCC) 4.8.0 20130210 (experimental) but without gold
(http://golang.org/doc/install/gccgo). It runs fine on serial programs

For parallel programs I am setting runtime.GOMAXPROCS(8) and launching 8
"go func()".

Using gccgo, processor usage is only ~100%, while using regular "go run
...", processor usage is nearly 800% and speedup is also found over serial
versions.

Is there any mistake in my installation. I will be thankful for your help.

  • Ian Lance Taylor at Feb 15, 2013 at 6:05 pm