Announcing gsnmpgo <http://github.com/soniah/gsnmpgo>, a CGo wrapper around
gsnmp <http://sourcecodebrowser.com/gsnmp/0.3.0/files.html> -
http://github.com/soniah/gsnmpgo. Pull requests welcome!

The package is pre-1.0 - I'm still in the process of writing proper tests.
But obviously I'm happy with the results, having manually compared against
snmpwalk.

A licensing question: I've licensed my code under a 3-part BSD license (as
that is the preferred option for Go) but I believe this is incorrect. gsnmp<http://sourcecodebrowser.com/gsnmp/0.3.0/files.html>is licensed under the GPL, so my understanding is that I can
*only* license gsnmpgo under the GPL (not even the LGPL). Comments?

--
Sonia Hamilton

  • Devon H. O'Dell at Feb 4, 2013 at 4:58 am

    A licensing question: I've licensed my code under a 3-part BSD license (as
    that is the preferred option for Go) but I believe this is incorrect. gsnmp
    is licensed under the GPL, so my understanding is that I can only license
    gsnmpgo under the GPL (not even the LGPL). Comments?
    Did you copy / translate code from gsnmp? If so, your code is GPL.

    --dho
    --
    Sonia Hamilton

  • Sonia Hamilton at Feb 4, 2013 at 5:01 am
    No copying/translation of code from C gsnmp, I just hooked into the
    functions provided by the C library. Sonia.
    A licensing question: I've licensed my code under a 3-part BSD license (as
    that is the preferred option for Go) but I believe this is incorrect. gsnmp
    is licensed under the GPL, so my understanding is that I can only license
    gsnmpgo under the GPL (not even the LGPL). Comments?
    Did you copy / translate code from gsnmp? If so, your code is GPL.

    --dho
    --
    Sonia Hamilton

  • Devon H. O'Dell at Feb 4, 2013 at 5:06 am

    No copying/translation of code from C gsnmp, I just hooked into the
    functions provided by the C library. Sonia.
    Sorry, I misread. But this has the same outcome.

    GSNMP is GPL. You link against / require GSNMP in some fashion. Your
    library is GPL.

    --dho
    A licensing question: I've licensed my code under a 3-part BSD license
    (as
    that is the preferred option for Go) but I believe this is incorrect.
    gsnmp
    is licensed under the GPL, so my understanding is that I can only
    license
    gsnmpgo under the GPL (not even the LGPL). Comments?
    Did you copy / translate code from gsnmp? If so, your code is GPL.

    --dho
    --
    Sonia Hamilton

  • Minux at Feb 4, 2013 at 1:23 pm

    No copying/translation of code from C gsnmp, I just hooked into the
    functions provided by the C library. Sonia.
    Sorry, I misread. But this has the same outcome.

    GSNMP is GPL. You link against / require GSNMP in some fashion. Your
    library is GPL.
    the binding itself is not a combination of GPL'ed software, so I think its
    author
    could release the binding itself in any GPL-compatible license, and add a
    note
    that any client of the package must be licensed in GPL or GPL-compatible
    license.

  • Jan Mercl at Feb 4, 2013 at 2:15 pm
    FWD to list. Sent previously only to minux by mistake.