Anyone run into the error

   x509: failed to load system roots and no roots provided

on the go1 tip (this is on Mac OS X 10.7.5)? I had just tried switching
to 15556:8d4bd93dcd41 tip to see whether or not the patch to
src/pkg/crypto/x509/x509.go for Entrust would fix an earlier error I got:

   x509: certificate signed by unknown authority

when trying to pull

   go get bitbucket.org/santucco/goweb

Jim

  • Dave Cheney at Feb 1, 2013 at 1:27 pm
    Have you disabled cgo?
    x509: failed to load system roots and no roots provided

    on the go1 tip (this is on Mac OS X 10.7.5)? I had just tried switching
    to 15556:8d4bd93dcd41 tip to see whether or not the patch to
    src/pkg/crypto/x509/x509.go for Entrust would fix an earlier error I got:

    x509: certificate signed by unknown authority

    when trying to pull

    go get bitbucket.org/santucco/goweb

    Jim

  • Jim Robinson at Feb 1, 2013 at 1:32 pm

    x509: failed to load system roots and no roots provided
    Do you mean when building, as in running

       CGO_ENABLED=0 ./make.bash

    to build the tools w/o CGO like I would when building the cross compiler?

  • Dave Cheney at Feb 1, 2013 at 1:38 pm
    Yes, cgo is required to load the ca roots in osx.
    x509: failed to load system roots and no roots provided