Hi
I have problem with go get

I have just update to go1.0.3 (on a windows machine) and wanted to get the
draw2d package
According to package webpage i should run:

go get code.google.com/p/draw2d/draw2d

The result from a terminalwindow at c:/go is:

c:\Go>go get code.google.com/p/draw2d/draw2d
# cd .; hg clone -U https://code.google.com/p/draw2d
C:\Go\src\pkg\code.google.c
om\p\draw2d
package code.google.com/p/draw2d/draw2d: exec: "hg": executable file not
found i
n %PATH%

I get same result inside LiteIde

I cant find any hg so what is needed? I'm sure i have missed something very
basic..

/Anders

c:\Go>

  • Minux at Jan 26, 2013 at 10:18 am

    I have just update to go1.0.3 (on a windows machine) and wanted to get the
    draw2d package
    According to package webpage i should run:

    go get code.google.com/p/draw2d/draw2d

    The result from a terminalwindow at c:/go is:

    c:\Go>go get code.google.com/p/draw2d/draw2d
    # cd .; hg clone -U https://code.google.com/p/draw2dC:\Go\src\pkg\code.google.c
    om\p\draw2d
    package code.google.com/p/draw2d/draw2d: exec: "hg": executable file not
    found i
    n %PATH%
    you need to install "hg", or mercurial,
    http://code.google.com/p/go-wiki/wiki/GoGetTools

    --
  • Anders Edman at Jan 26, 2013 at 10:46 am
    Thanx

    That was the trick. Need of extra tools was a surprise for me...

    /A

    --
  • Fred Janon at Jan 26, 2013 at 11:30 am
    I was surprised by that as well many months ago, I posted a note on

    Fred
    That was the trick. Need of extra tools was a surprise for me...

    /A
    --
  • Minux at Jan 26, 2013 at 11:34 am

    I was surprised by that as well many months ago, I posted a note on
    that, I think that could be a mention in the doc or even in the tool
    when run.
    Yes, this will be fixed in Go 1.1, and the go tool will point the user to
    the
    go-wiki page (http://code.google.com/p/go-wiki/wiki/GoGetTools) i just
    posted.
    (The relevant CL is: https://codereview.appspot.com/7094049/)

    --
  • Fred Janon at Jan 26, 2013 at 11:44 am
    Excellent, thanks.

    Fred

    I was surprised by that as well many months ago, I posted a note on
    that, I think that could be a mention in the doc or even in the tool
    when run.
    Yes, this will be fixed in Go 1.1, and the go tool will point the user to
    the
    go-wiki page (http://code.google.com/p/go-wiki/wiki/GoGetTools) i just
    posted.
    (The relevant CL is: https://codereview.appspot.com/7094049/)

groupgolang-nuts @
categoriesgo
postedJan 26, '13 at 10:08a
activeJan 26, '13 at 11:44a

Anders Edman: 2 posts Minux: 2 posts Fred Janon: 2 posts