Hello,

After the discussion that was had here last year regarding licensing
opinions, I and my boss have decided to re-release code in the biogo
project under a 3 clause BSD-like license with the hope that it will
promote its use by others. The code in the repository that predates the
change can obviously still be used under the GPL if desired.

This licensing change forced the removal of one package that was a
derived work from a GPL code base. The package was only partially
complete and so this is not a huge loss - if I need some phylogenetic
data handling capacity I may re-implement it.

I hope people will find these packages useful. Note that
non-bioinformatics-specific packages are in their own sub-repositories
(this is not true for the matrix handling package, but will be soon):

http://code.google.com/p/biogo

Happy new year.
Dan

groupgolang-nuts @