I am using Go as a web server. Tested for a month
under Windows Server 2008 Virtual Machine but it runs for a day
and then stops with a message: "The specified network name
is no longer available".

There are other consideration to not use Windows Server too.

This leads to decision to use Linux. What Linux distribution
is recommended for Golang web server?

  • Jan Mercl at Jan 3, 2013 at 4:34 pm

    There are other consideration to not use Windows Server too.

    This leads to decision to use Linux. What Linux distribution
    is recommended for Golang web server?
    At work I maintain a multifunction server running Ubuntu Server 64b 12.04
    LTS on an 8 core machine and I'm quite happy with it so far. (Intranet
    only, frozen w/ no OS updates nor Internet connectivity).

    -j

    --
  • Harley Laue at Jan 3, 2013 at 4:39 pm