Hi.

I just finished translating the tour in Romanian:
http://go-tour-ro.appspot.com/

It certainly was beneficial for me doing that, in more than one way. A few
things just passed by me, but when translating I got the chance to take a
better look. It also helped me add a few new terms and adaptations to my
English-Romanian technical reference.

I've mainly decided against source code translation. Some things were not
translatable or adaptable at all, while maintaining the same meaning.

Hope others will enjoy it too. And if you have any criticism, I'll gladly
accept further improving it.

I'm thinking about tackling How to write... and Effective... Is there a
similar mechanism for those as with the tour?

A Happy New Year To You All,
Mitică

  • Andrew Gerrand at Jan 2, 2013 at 2:34 am

    Hope others will enjoy it too. And if you have any criticism, I'll gladly
    accept further improving it.
    Nice work! I will include a link to it from tour.golang.org. Obviously I
    can't critique your Romanian :-)

    I'm thinking about tackling How to write... and Effective... Is there a
    similar mechanism for those as with the tour?
    No, there isn't any established method or convention. You can just
    translate the doc and upload it somewhere it can be linked to.

    Andrew

    --
  • Itmitica at Jan 2, 2013 at 12:16 pm
    Nice work! I will include a link to it from tour.golang.org. Obviously I
    can't critique your Romanian :-)

    Thanks. Who knows, maybe one day... It's just another language ;)

    No, there isn't any established method or convention. You can just
    translate the doc and upload it somewhere it can be linked to.

    OK, understood.

    --
  • Itmitica at Jan 2, 2013 at 12:13 pm

    I just finished translating the tour in Romanian:
    http://go-tour-ro.appspot.com/

    It certainly was beneficial for me doing that, in more than one way. A few
    things just passed by me, but when translating I got the chance to take a
    better look. It also helped me add a few new terms and adaptations to my
    English-Romanian technical reference.

    I've mainly decided against source code translation. Some things were not
    translatable or adaptable at all, while maintaining the same meaning.

    Hope others will enjoy it too. And if you have any criticism, I'll gladly
    accept further improving it.

    I'm thinking about tackling How to write... and Effective... Is there a
    similar mechanism for those as with the tour?

    A Happy New Year To You All,
    Mitică

groupgolang-nuts @
categoriesgo
postedDec 29, '12 at 4:12p
activeJan 2, '13 at 12:16p

Itmitica: 3 posts Andrew Gerrand: 1 post