I'm using SWIG to build some bindings for a library. Currently I'm using
gopack to pack multiple shared objects (libcusp.so, cusp_wrap.so) and some
other Go object files into a static library. I've succeeded in creating the
static library and I've installed it. Now when I import the package and run
a test I get this error:

/usr/local/go/pkg/linux_amd64/github.com/liamzebedee/gocusp/cusp.a(libcusp.so):
elf but not elf relocatable object
(cusp_wrap.so): elf but not elf relocatable object

I'm fairly sure I've generated position independent code in all of the
objects, so I'm not sure why I'm getting the error. Github repo<https://github.com/liamzebedee/gocusp>,
I can provide more info about build process etc.

  • Liamzebedee at Dec 23, 2012 at 5:16 am
    Ok turns out the SWIG tutorial was out of date, and I also did a few things
    wrong.
    I'm using SWIG to build some bindings for a library. Currently I'm using
    gopack to pack multiple shared objects (libcusp.so, cusp_wrap.so) and some
    other Go object files into a static library. I've succeeded in creating the
    static library and I've installed it. Now when I import the package and run
    a test I get this error:

    /usr/local/go/pkg/linux_amd64/
    github.com/liamzebedee/gocusp/cusp.a(libcusp.so): elf but not elf
    relocatable object
    (cusp_wrap.so): elf but not elf relocatable object

    I'm fairly sure I've generated position independent code in all of the
    objects, so I'm not sure why I'm getting the error. Github repo<https://github.com/liamzebedee/gocusp>,
    I can provide more info about build process etc.

groupgolang-nuts @
categoriesgo
postedDec 23, '12 at 2:45a
activeDec 23, '12 at 5:16a