Hello,

This is an XY problem, but the Y is interesting in itself.

X: I want some examples of implementations of the fmt.Formatter interface to see how to effectively use it. *big.Int is one that I've found, but I'd like to find more. Searching for "Format" works fine for this, and it seems there are no others.

Y: Has someone written anything that can find all types that satisfy an arbitrarily complex, but valid interface?

thanks
Dan

  • Kyle Lemons at Nov 28, 2012 at 10:32 pm
    I believe there was a precursor to the API tool (I think it was
    https://codereview.appspot.com/5552051/) that used to do something like
    this, but (if I recall) it was abandoned partly because exp/types was not
    ready to handle that yet.

    This is an XY problem, but the Y is interesting in itself.

    X: I want some examples of implementations of the fmt.Formatter interface
    to see how to effectively use it. *big.Int is one that I've found, but I'd
    like to find more. Searching for "Format" works fine for this, and it seems
    there are no others.

    Y: Has someone written anything that can find all types that satisfy an
    arbitrarily complex, but valid interface?

    thanks
    Dan

groupgolang-nuts @
categoriesgo
postedNov 28, '12 at 9:38p
activeNov 28, '12 at 10:32p

Kyle Lemons: 1 post Dan Kortschak: 1 post