Hi folks,

I'm writing a web app which will work on app engine.
I want it to fetch an url by GET, parse html string and extract targeting
words.

Problem is that golang doesn't seem to support a specific charset 'euc-kr'
which is an encoding format for Korean language, while web pages encoded by
utf-8 are all fine. English, Japanese, Chinese whatever...

Any charset related problem reported before? or please advise me to support
'euc-kr'.

Thanks,
Chris

  • Dustin Sallings at Nov 24, 2012 at 6:47 am

    Chris writes:

    Problem is that golang doesn't seem to support a specific charset
    'euc-kr' which is an encoding format for Korean language, while web
    pages encoded by utf-8 are all fine. English, Japanese, Chinese
    whatever...

    Any charset related problem reported before? or please advise me to
    support 'euc-kr'.
    If you really don't want to use utf-8, I don't think it'd be a small
    undertaking. You'd need encoding and decoding from runes and you'll end
    up converting through to utf-8 a bunch anyway, I'd expect.

    --
    dustin

    --
  • Roger peppe at Nov 24, 2012 at 10:55 am
    There go-charset (code.google.com/p/go-charset/charset) but currently

    If you wanted to add euc-kr support, I'd be happy to honour a pull request...

    I'm writing a web app which will work on app engine.
    I want it to fetch an url by GET, parse html string and extract targeting
    words.

    Problem is that golang doesn't seem to support a specific charset 'euc-kr'
    which is an encoding format for Korean language, while web pages encoded by
    utf-8 are all fine. English, Japanese, Chinese whatever...

    Any charset related problem reported before? or please advise me to support
    'euc-kr'.

    Thanks,
    Chris

groupgolang-nuts @