I once made something to facilitate end-to-end-testing: webtest [1].
It is currently not maintained but should build against r60 or so.
It is not a library but a standalone program which executes
test suites in a DSL. See the reference [2] what is possible in them.
Adding Json might be possible, I already thought a bit about
the test syntax.

It is unmaintained as nobody seems to like this type of tests:
They do not capture browser behavior like selenium but are
more complex to run than simple unit test. And it is not Java.

Regards, Volker

[1] https://github.com/vdobler/webtest
[2] https://github.com/vdobler/webtest/blob/master/reference-suite.wt.pdf?raw=true