I tried to parse some jpeg pictures files by using image.jpeg.Decode() and
encoutered the error message as the title when handling some of those files.
It did not seem to be a bug according to the error report.
Those pictures that caused this error message were produced by my camera
and all of them had a width-to-height ratio of 3 to 2.
Are they really not supported by the jpeg package? Why?

  • Stevewang at Oct 26, 2012 at 12:38 pm
    sorry, the width-to-height ratio is 2 to 3.

    --
  • Stevewang at Oct 26, 2012 at 1:38 pm
    One guy met the same problem here:

    but there is no solution found or offered.
    I tried to parse some jpeg pictures files by using image.jpeg.Decode() and
    encoutered the error message as the title when handling some of those files.
    It did not seem to be a bug according to the error report.
    Those pictures that caused this error message were produced by my camera
    and all of them had a width-to-height ratio of 3 to 2.
    Are they really not supported by the jpeg package? Why?

    --
  • Minux at Oct 26, 2012 at 3:29 pm

    I tried to parse some jpeg pictures files by using image.jpeg.Decode() and
    encoutered the error message as the title when handling some of those files.
    It did not seem to be a bug according to the error report.
    Those pictures that caused this error message were produced by my camera
    and all of them had a width-to-height ratio of 3 to 2.
    Are they really not supported by the jpeg package? Why?
    http://tip.golang.org/src/pkg/image/jpeg/reader.go#L157
    not implemented yet.

    --
  • Stevewang at Oct 26, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    Will it be supported in go 1.1?
    I tried to parse some jpeg pictures files by using image.jpeg.Decode()
    and encoutered the error message as the title when handling some of those
    files.
    It did not seem to be a bug according to the error report.
    Those pictures that caused this error message were produced by my camera
    and all of them had a width-to-height ratio of 3 to 2.
    Are they really not supported by the jpeg package? Why?
    http://tip.golang.org/src/pkg/image/jpeg/reader.go#L157
    not implemented yet.
    --
  • Minux at Oct 26, 2012 at 3:21 pm