it's a bit annoying that one gets the usage and options of go test
displayed as well when one wants to get the fmt and log statements to
work when using go test.
Is there a way to get the latter without the former?
What's the reason for that behaviour? Couldn't there be a -test.h to
print the usage and let -test.v enable the prints and only that?

Cheers,
Mathieu

  • Rémy Oudompheng at Oct 22, 2012 at 7:53 pm

    it's a bit annoying that one gets the usage and options of go test
    displayed as well when one wants to get the fmt and log statements to
    work when using go test.
    Is there a way to get the latter without the former?
    What's the reason for that behaviour? Couldn't there be a -test.h to
    print the usage and let -test.v enable the prints and only that?
    I don't observe that behaviour. The usual way of doing is "go test -v"
    but "go test -test.v" should be equivalent.

    Rémy.

    --
  • Mathieu Lonjaret at Oct 22, 2012 at 8:49 pm
    hmm you're right, I don't get that behaviour either with the stdlib or

    On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Rémy Oudompheng
    it's a bit annoying that one gets the usage and options of go test
    displayed as well when one wants to get the fmt and log statements to
    work when using go test.
    Is there a way to get the latter without the former?
    What's the reason for that behaviour? Couldn't there be a -test.h to
    print the usage and let -test.v enable the prints and only that?
    I don't observe that behaviour. The usual way of doing is "go test -v"
    but "go test -test.v" should be equivalent.

    Rémy.

groupgolang-nuts @
categoriesgo
postedOct 22, '12 at 7:42p