What do you reckon is the best IDE for the go language? What makes it good
/ bad?

Im going to setup a go development environment and I'd like to review the
opinions of this community before I settle for an IDE.

Any feedback on this is appreciated!

Cheers
Kim Eik

Search Discussions

  • Nguyên Nguyễn Văn Cao at Sep 7, 2012 at 2:23 pm
    http://code.google.com/p/golangide/ this is the best for me.

    Vào 20:53:22 UTC+7 Thứ sáu, ngày 07 tháng chín năm 2012, Kim Eik đã viết:
    What do you reckon is the best IDE for the go language? What makes it good
    / bad?

    Im going to setup a go development environment and I'd like to review the
    opinions of this community before I settle for an IDE.

    Any feedback on this is appreciated!

    Cheers
    Kim Eik
  • John Asmuth at Sep 7, 2012 at 3:06 pm
    I use sublime text 2 and the gosublime plugin
    (http://github.com/disposaboy/gosublime).

    Simple, works well. Code completion.
    What do you reckon is the best IDE for the go language? What makes it good
    / bad?

    Im going to setup a go development environment and I'd like to review the
    opinions of this community before I settle for an IDE.

    Any feedback on this is appreciated!

    Cheers
    Kim Eik
  • Borderj at Sep 7, 2012 at 2:41 pm
  • Nathan Fiedler at Sep 7, 2012 at 3:52 pm
    +1

    I have been a long time emacs user and tried to use autocomplete with gocode but gave up since like typical emacs it was a pain to set up.

    Long story short, I tried Sublime Text 2 and immediately fell in love with it. DisposaBoy's GoSublime plugin basically makes Sublime into an IDE.

    What do you reckon is the best IDE for the go language? What makes it good / bad?

    Im going to setup a go development environment and I'd like to review the opinions of this community before I settle for an IDE.

    Any feedback on this is appreciated!

    Cheers
    Kim Eik
  • Felipe Trzaskowski at Sep 7, 2012 at 6:25 pm
    I just use vim with the default go syntax files and gocode for
    completion and the go command for everything else. Go itself already
    is an IDE...
    I have been a long time emacs user and tried to use autocomplete with gocode
    but gave up since like typical emacs it was a pain to set up.

    Long story short, I tried Sublime Text 2 and immediately fell in love with
    it. DisposaBoy's GoSublime plugin basically makes Sublime into an IDE.

    I use sublime text 2 and the gosublime plugin
    (http://github.com/disposaboy/gosublime).

    Simple, works well. Code completion.
    What do you reckon is the best IDE for the go language? What makes it good
    / bad?

    Im going to setup a go development environment and I'd like to review the
    opinions of this community before I settle for an IDE.

    Any feedback on this is appreciated!

    Cheers
    Kim Eik
  • Tahir Hashmi at Sep 11, 2012 at 5:49 am