I have a websocket server written in Go and I want to load test it.

I don't know how to approach this problem, I don't have a good
understanding of websockets.

Do I use a pool of ports that clients can use or use as many as possible?

Do I close the connection after I've used it or reuse it? Can I check that
that specific connection is not being used?

How do I parallelise this?

    for the development of the language, not for general discussion.

    Thanks,
    Andrew