Going through the initial tutorial and ran into this.

go test github.com/croghan/stringutil
fork/exec
/tmp/user/1000/go-build065527946/github.com/croghan/stringutil/_test/stringutil.test:
permission denied

sudo mount -o remount,exec /tmp

go test github.com/croghan/stringutil
ok github.com/croghan/stringutil 0.001s

sudo mount -o remount,noexec /tmp

Problem was pretty obvious (and resolved-ish). Is there anyway of making
sure go -never- uses /tmp for executables? This seems pretty silly to me.

Thanks!

  • Dave Cheney at Apr 18, 2016 at 3:09 pm
    You can export TMPDIR to another location.

    On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Michael Croghan