We've fixed or are close to fixes for a number of important bugs. (I'll fix
the two pending cmd/go bugs tonight. One is done but I'm having problems
with the test. The other I haven't looked at yet.)

It seems like we should probably issue rc2 this week, which would mean
tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Russ

  • Dave Cheney at Feb 2, 2016 at 8:46 pm
    We've fixed or are close to fixes for a number of important bugs. (I'll fix the two pending cmd/go bugs tonight. One is done but I'm having problems with the test. The other I haven't looked at yet.)

    It seems like we should probably issue rc2 this week, which would mean tomorrow.

    Thoughts?

    Russ

  • Chris Broadfoot at Feb 2, 2016 at 10:56 pm
    SGTM, too. I'll check in tomorrow to confirm.
    We've fixed or are close to fixes for a number of important bugs. (I'll
    fix the two pending cmd/go bugs tonight. One is done but I'm having
    problems with the test. The other I haven't looked at yet.)

    It seems like we should probably issue rc2 this week, which would mean
    tomorrow.

    Thoughts?

    Russ

  • Mikio Hara at Feb 3, 2016 at 2:52 am

    SGTM, too. I'll check in tomorrow to confirm.
    % grep TODO $GOROOT/doc/go1.6.html
    TODO: CX no longer available on 386 assembly? (https://golang.org/cl/16386)
    TODO: Third, lookups satisfied from /etc/hosts now add a trailing dot as well,