The vendor specification
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bz5-UB7g2uPBdOx-rw5t9MxJwkfpx90cqG9AFL0JAYo/edit> doesn't
seem to speak much about the visibility of the vendored packages. Thus,
should vendor be treated in similar ways to internal?

As it currently is, the following program compiles under go1.6beta2 (with
the vendor experiment on):

package main

import "vendor/golang.org/x/net/http2/hpack"

func main() {
hpack.NewEncoder(nil)
}

Is the expected behavior? It seems kind of odd that I can import hpack as
part of the "standard" library.

JT

  • Brad Fitzpatrick at Jan 20, 2016 at 5:00 am
    Please file a bug.

    It'll be temporarily moot when https://github.com/golang/go/issues/13961 is
    fixed if we don't use vendor at all for the standard library in Go 1.6, but
    I bet this bug would resurface later in Go 1.7, so please file it so we
    remember.

    seem to speak much about the visibility of the vendored packages. Thus,
    should vendor be treated in similar ways to internal?

    As it currently is, the following program compiles under go1.6beta2 (with
    the vendor experiment on):

    package main

    import "vendor/golang.org/x/net/http2/hpack"

    func main() {
    hpack.NewEncoder(nil)
    }

    Is the expected behavior? It seems kind of odd that I can import hpack as
    part of the "standard" library.

    JT

  • Joe Tsai at Jan 20, 2016 at 9:54 am
    Filed: https://github.com/golang/go/issues/14031