I think Go 1.6 beta 2 is close to what Go 1.6 will be, but there are some
lingering runtime, compiler, and maybe http bugs trickling in that deserve
attention.

Please do not send CLs changing code, except for fixes to critical bug.
Documentation clarifications are fine, as are good tests (but don't just
write tests for the sake of writing tests).

My guess is that we will end up with Go 1.6 rc1 around Feb 1 and the actual
release around two weeks after that. This means the Go 1.7 cycle will open
at little late. In the mean time, the most useful thing anyone can do is
really pound on Go 1.6 beta 2 in near-production settings and build
confidence / find bugs in it.

Thanks.
Russ