I'm working on speeding up memmove on amd64 with avx instructions.
This obviously requires adding support for some new instructions.
Adding aligned/unaligned/non-temporal 256-bit moves to asm was
(relatively) straightforward. Now I need to add them to objdump
and create some tests. As far as I understand from
src/cmd/internal/rsc.io/x86/x86asm/decode.go decoding is based on tables,
which are (according to comments) generated by: x86map -fmt=decoder
../x86.csv
However I can' find neither x86map nor x86.csv. Where should I look?
Or is it ok to send changes to asm only?

  • Russ Cox at Jul 30, 2015 at 4:44 pm

    I'm working on speeding up memmove on amd64 with avx instructions.
    This obviously requires adding support for some new instructions.
    Adding aligned/unaligned/non-temporal 256-bit moves to asm was
    (relatively) straightforward. Now I need to add them to objdump
    and create some tests. As far as I understand from
    src/cmd/internal/rsc.io/x86/x86asm/decode.go decoding is based on tables,
    which are (according to comments) generated by: x86map -fmt=decoder
    ../x86.csv
    However I can' find neither x86map nor x86.csv. Where should I look?
    Or is it ok to send changes to asm only?
    Hi.

    That package is copied into the main tree but lives outside it.
    Run "go get rsc.io/x86/x86map" to get x86map, and then

    cd $GOPATH/src/rsc.io/x86/x86asm
    edit ../x86.csv
    x86map -fmt=decoder ../x86.csv |gofmt >tables.go

    Once Go 1.5 is out I intend to move all that to a subrepo.
    You can send me a patch in the interim.

    Thanks.
    Russ