Greetings,

I've been using Go on and off for a year now, it's been my primary language
for most web/net related things as the whole concurrent nature of Go and
it's excellent standard library really facilitate that.

I've been thinking that I want to do something in return and help out the
development of my favourite language. This would be my first time
contributing to any open source project and I don't know where to really
get started.

I'm not too great at mathematics, but give me a paper that outlines how
something should be implemented and I can do it. My main development
platform is Windows, but I also have a Mac available. Preferably I'd work
purely in Go, but I'm well versed in C too.

Ideally I'd do something for the standard library, I like doing menial
tasks so assigning me to something boring that has to get done but no one
wants do might be an idea.

Anyone want to give me some pointers as to where I could get started and
how to actually contribute?

Sincerely,
Jesse

  • Brad Fitzpatrick at Jun 30, 2015 at 5:41 pm
    I'd just browse through the open bugs and see what you can find.

    Note that we're in freeze now for Go 1.5 and the tree doesn't open again
    until early August.