FAQ
I am trying to search around any similar issues but couldn't see to find
one.

/usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/sys/... (just example here, get target
doesn't seem to matter)

Fetching https://golang.org/x/sys?go-get=1

zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
golang.org/x/sys/...

It will occasionally segfault like this,

/usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/tools/...

unexpected fault address 0x0

fatal error: fault

[signal 0xb code=0x80 addr=0x0]

goroutine 26 [running]:

zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u
golang.org/x/tools/...


It fails constantly on my machine, so it seems highly reproducible.

uname -a

Linux u-server 3.19.0-18-generic #18-Ubuntu SMP Tue May 19 18:31:35 UTC
2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

/usr/bin/go-5 version

go version go1.4.2 gccgo (Ubuntu 5.1.1-6ubuntu1) 5.1.1 20150519 linux/amd64

dpkg -S /usr/bin/go-5

gccgo-5: /usr/bin/go-5

apt-cache policy gccgo-5

gccgo-5:

   Installed: 5.1.1-6ubuntu1

   Candidate: 5.1.1-6ubuntu1

   Version table:

  *** 5.1.1-6ubuntu1 0

         500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ wily/main amd64 Packages

         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Is this known?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Search Discussions

  • Minux at May 29, 2015 at 5:30 am

    On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Jimxu wrote:

    I am trying to search around any similar issues but couldn't see to find
    one.

    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/sys/... (just example here, get
    target doesn't seem to matter)

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/sys?go-get=1

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/sys/...

    It will occasionally segfault like this,

    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/tools/...

    unexpected fault address 0x0

    fatal error: fault

    [signal 0xb code=0x80 addr=0x0]

    goroutine 26 [running]:

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u
    golang.org/x/tools/...
    Do you have full backtrace?

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Ian Lance Taylor at May 29, 2015 at 2:39 pm

    On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Jimxu wrote:
    I am trying to search around any similar issues but couldn't see to find
    one.

    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/sys/... (just example here, get target
    doesn't seem to matter)

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/sys?go-get=1

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/sys/...
    I can't recreate this.

    Can you show the exact command and the complete output?

    Ian

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Yongjian Xu at May 29, 2015 at 4:22 pm
    That what I posted _is_ the exact command and output.

    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/tools/...

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/tools/benchmark/parse?go-get=1

    unexpected fault address 0x7f03012b5d72

    fatal error: fault

    [signal 0xb code=0x2 addr=0x7f03012b5d72]


    goroutine 26 [running]:

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/tools/...


    When you run it second time, it changed...


    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/tools/...

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/tools/benchmark/parse?go-get=1

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/tools/...


    minux is asking a full backtrace, the go-5 binary doesn't seem to generate
    any. That's all I got for -v. Are there any Env variables that I can enable
    more verbose backtrace?


    On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 7:38 AM Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
    On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Jimxu wrote:

    I am trying to search around any similar issues but couldn't see to find
    one.

    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/sys/... (just example here, get target
    doesn't seem to matter)

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/sys?go-get=1

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/sys/...
    I can't recreate this.

    Can you show the exact command and the complete output?

    Ian
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Yongjian Xu at May 29, 2015 at 4:32 pm
    btw, this is under,

    cat /etc/issue

    Ubuntu Wily Werewolf (development branch) \n \l

    the gccgo-5 package does not seem to be appear on any previous Ubuntu
    releases.
    On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 9:21 AM Yongjian Xu wrote:

    That what I posted _is_ the exact command and output.


    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/tools/...

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/tools/benchmark/parse?go-get=1

    unexpected fault address 0x7f03012b5d72

    fatal error: fault

    [signal 0xb code=0x2 addr=0x7f03012b5d72]


    goroutine 26 [running]:

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/tools/...


    When you run it second time, it changed...


    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/tools/...

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/tools/benchmark/parse?go-get=1

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/tools/...


    minux is asking a full backtrace, the go-5 binary doesn't seem to generate
    any. That's all I got for -v. Are there any Env variables that I can enable
    more verbose backtrace?


    On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 7:38 AM Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
    On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Jimxu wrote:

    I am trying to search around any similar issues but couldn't see to find
    one.

    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/sys/... (just example here, get target
    doesn't seem to matter)

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/sys?go-get=1

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/sys/...
    I can't recreate this.

    Can you show the exact command and the complete output?

    Ian
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Ian Lance Taylor at May 29, 2015 at 4:51 pm

    On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Yongjian Xu wrote:
    That what I posted _is_ the exact command and output.

    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/tools/...

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/tools/benchmark/parse?go-get=1

    unexpected fault address 0x7f03012b5d72

    fatal error: fault

    [signal 0xb code=0x2 addr=0x7f03012b5d72]


    goroutine 26 [running]:

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/tools/...


    When you run it second time, it changed...


    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/tools/...

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/tools/benchmark/parse?go-get=1

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/tools/...


    minux is asking a full backtrace, the go-5 binary doesn't seem to generate
    any. That's all I got for -v. Are there any Env variables that I can enable
    more verbose backtrace?

    Something is badly wrong, but I have no idea what it is. What you are
    showing us should not be possible. I have not seen any other reports
    similar to this.

    Does your Go installation work for operations other than "go get"?

    Ian

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Yongjian Xu at May 29, 2015 at 5:36 pm
    It seems that the normal build/run/etc still works, a trivial test.

    /usr/bin/go-5 build -compiler gccgo -v -work -x foo.go

    WORK=/tmp/go-build278814062

    command-line-arguments

    mkdir -p $WORK/command-line-arguments/_obj/

    cd /home/jimxu/go_code/src

    /usr/bin/gccgo-5 -I $WORK -c -g -m64
    -fgo-relative-import-path=_/home/jimxu/go_code/src -o
    $WORK/command-line-arguments/_obj/_go_.o ./foo.go

    ar cru $WORK/libcommand-line-arguments.a
    $WORK/command-line-arguments/_obj/_go_.o

    cd .

    /usr/bin/gccgo-5 -o foo $WORK/command-line-arguments/_obj/_go_.o -Wl,-(
    -m64 -Wl,-)


    If you could think of any better debugging process, let me know... but yes,
    it does seem quite weird.


    Here are the envs of the "/usr/bin/go" command (gc compiler)

    go env

    GOARCH="amd64"

    GOBIN=""

    GOCHAR="6"

    GOEXE=""

    GOHOSTARCH="amd64"

    GOHOSTOS="linux"

    GOOS="linux"

    GOPATH="/home/jimxu/go_code"

    GORACE=""

    GOROOT="/usr/lib/go"

    GOTOOLDIR="/usr/lib/go/pkg/tool/linux_amd64"

    CC="gcc"

    GOGCCFLAGS="-fPIC -m64 -pthread -fmessage-length=0"

    CXX="g++"

    CGO_ENABLED="1"


    Here are the envs from the gccgo-5 (gcc compiler)

    /usr/bin/go-5 env

    GOARCH="amd64"

    GOBIN=""

    GOCHAR="6"

    GOEXE=""

    GOHOSTARCH="amd64"

    GOHOSTOS="linux"

    GOOS="linux"

    GOPATH="/home/jimxu/go_code"

    GORACE=""

    GOROOT="/usr"

    GOTOOLDIR="/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5"

    CC="/usr/bin/gcc-5"

    GOGCCFLAGS="-fPIC -m64 -pthread -fmessage-length=0"

    CXX="/usr/bin/g++-5"

    CGO_ENABLED="1"
    On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 9:51 AM Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
    On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Yongjian Xu wrote:

    That what I posted _is_ the exact command and output.

    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/tools/...

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/tools/benchmark/parse?go-get=1

    unexpected fault address 0x7f03012b5d72

    fatal error: fault

    [signal 0xb code=0x2 addr=0x7f03012b5d72]


    goroutine 26 [running]:

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/tools/...


    When you run it second time, it changed...


    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/tools/...

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/tools/benchmark/parse?go-get=1

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/tools/...


    minux is asking a full backtrace, the go-5 binary doesn't seem to generate
    any. That's all I got for -v. Are there any Env variables that I can enable
    more verbose backtrace?

    Something is badly wrong, but I have no idea what it is. What you are
    showing us should not be possible. I have not seen any other reports
    similar to this.

    Does your Go installation work for operations other than "go get"?

    Ian
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Ian Lance Taylor at May 29, 2015 at 6:52 pm

    On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Yongjian Xu wrote:
    It seems that the normal build/run/etc still works, a trivial test.
    Thanks. Do you see anything interesting if you add the -x option to
    your "go get" command?

    Ian

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Yongjian Xu at May 29, 2015 at 7:03 pm
    Not much... :(

    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v -x golang.org/x/tools/...

    cd /home/jimxu/go_code/src/golang.org/x/tools

    git remote -v

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/tools/benchmark/parse?go-get=1

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v -x
    golang.org/x/tools/...


    I wonder if strace would help anything?
    On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 11:52 AM Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
    On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Yongjian Xu wrote:

    It seems that the normal build/run/etc still works, a trivial test.
    Thanks. Do you see anything interesting if you add the -x option to
    your "go get" command?

    Ian
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • I3dmaster at Jun 12, 2015 at 5:53 am
    Using GOTRACEBACK=crash, I seem to be able to get a bit more information,

    GOTRACEBACK=crash /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -x -v github.com/golang/lint/golint

    cd /home/jimxu/go_code/src/github.com/golang/lint

    git remote -v

    github.com/golang/lint (download)

    cd /home/jimxu/go_code/src/github.com/golang/lint

    git symbolic-ref HEAD

    cd /home/jimxu/go_code/src/github.com/golang/lint

    git pull --ff-only

    cd /home/jimxu/go_code/src/github.com/golang/lint

    git show-ref

    cd /home/jimxu/go_code/src/github.com/golang/lint

    git checkout master

    cd /home/jimxu/go_code/src/github.com/golang/lint

    git remote -v

    cd /home/jimxu/go_code/src/golang.org/x/tools

    git remote -v

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/tools/go/exact?go-get=1

    panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference

    [signal 0xb code=0x1 addr=0x20]


    goroutine 32 [running]:

    runtime_dopanic

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/panic.c:131

    __go_panic

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/go-panic.c:111

    runtime_panicstring

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/panic.c:216

    sig_panic_info_handler

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/go-signal.c:289


      :0

    __generic_releasestack

    ../../../src/libgcc/generic-morestack.c:625

    asn1.parseField

    ../../../src/libgo/go/encoding/asn1/asn1.go:778

    asn1.parseField

    ../../../src/libgo/go/encoding/asn1/asn1.go:778

    asn1.parseField

    ../../../src/libgo/go/encoding/asn1/asn1.go:778

    encoding_asn1.UnmarshalWithParams

    ../../../src/libgo/go/encoding/asn1/asn1.go:917

    encoding_asn1.Unmarshal

    ../../../src/libgo/go/encoding/asn1/asn1.go:910

    crypto_x509.ParseCertificate

    ../../../src/libgo/go/crypto/x509/x509.go:1093

    crypto_x509.AppendCertsFromPEM.pN20_crypto_x509.CertPool

    ../../../src/libgo/go/crypto/x509/cert_pool.go:96

    x509.initSystemRoots

    ../../../src/libgo/go/crypto/x509/root_unix.go:38

    sync.Do.pN9_sync.Once

    ../../../src/libgo/go/sync/once.go:44

    x509.systemRootsPool

    ../../../src/libgo/go/crypto/x509/root.go:15

    crypto_x509.Verify.pN23_crypto_x509.Certificate

    ../../../src/libgo/go/crypto/x509/verify.go:219

    crypto_tls.doFullHandshake.pN31_crypto_tls.clientHandshakeState

    ../../../src/libgo/go/crypto/tls/handshake_client.go:262

    crypto_tls.clientHandshake.pN15_crypto_tls.Conn

    ../../../src/libgo/go/crypto/tls/handshake_client.go:197

    crypto_tls.Handshake.pN15_crypto_tls.Conn

    ../../../src/libgo/go/crypto/tls/conn.go:977

    http.$nested21

    ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/transport.go:637

    kickoff

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/proc.c:235

    created by net_http.dialConn.pN18_net_http.Transport

    ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/transport.go:636


    goroutine 16 [select]:

    runtime_mcall

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/proc.c:295

    selectgo

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/chan.goc:815

    net_http.getConn.pN18_net_http.Transport

    ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/transport.go:525

    net_http.RoundTrip.pN18_net_http.Transport

    ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/transport.go:228

    http.send

    ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/client.go:219

    net_http.send.pN15_net_http.Client

    ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/client.go:142

    net_http.doFollowingRedirects.pN15_net_http.Client

    ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/client.go:367

    net_http.Get.pN15_net_http.Client

    ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/client.go:299

    main.$nested15

    ../../src/gotools/../libgo/go/cmd/go/http.go:57

    main.httpsOrHTTP

    ../../src/gotools/../libgo/go/cmd/go/http.go:65

    main.repoRootForImportDynamic

    ../../src/gotools/../libgo/go/cmd/go/vcs.go:592

    main.repoRootForImportPath

    ../../src/gotools/../libgo/go/cmd/go/vcs.go:482

    main.downloadPackage

    ../../src/gotools/../libgo/go/cmd/go/get.go:284

    main.download

    ../../src/gotools/../libgo/go/cmd/go/get.go:179

    main.download

    ../../src/gotools/../libgo/go/cmd/go/get.go:245

    main.download

    ../../src/gotools/../libgo/go/cmd/go/get.go:245

    main.runGet

    ../../src/gotools/../libgo/go/cmd/go/get.go:79

    main.main

    ../../src/gotools/../libgo/go/cmd/go/main.go:163

    runtime_main

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/proc.c:626

    created by main

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/go-main.c:48


    goroutine 17 [syscall]:

    goroutine in C code; stack unavailable

    created by runtime_main

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/proc.c:598


    goroutine 18 [finalizer wait]:

    runtime_mcall

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/proc.c:295

    runfinq

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/mgc0.c:2507

    kickoff

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/proc.c:235

    created by runtime_createfing

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/mgc0.c:2572


    goroutine 19 [syscall]:

    goroutine in C code; stack unavailable

    created by os_signal..import

    ../../../src/libgo/go/os/signal/signal_unix.go:25


    goroutine 29 [chan receive]:

    runtime_mcall

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/proc.c:295

    chanrecv

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/chan.goc:299

    net_http.dialConn.pN18_net_http.Transport

    ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/transport.go:643

    http.$nested18

    ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/transport.go:520


      ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/transport.go:636

    kickoff

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/proc.c:235

    created by net_http.getConn.pN18_net_http.Transport

    ../../../src/libgo/go/net/http/transport.go:519


    goroutine 21 [runnable]:

    runtime_mcall

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/proc.c:295

    bgsweep

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/mgc0.c:1831

    kickoff

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/proc.c:235

    created by mgc

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/mgc0.c:2211


    goroutine 30 [syscall]:

    goroutine in C code; stack unavailable

    created by addtimer

    ../../../src/libgo/runtime/time.goc:147

    [1] 40518 abort (core dumped) GOTRACEBACK=crash /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -x
    -v github.com/golang/lint/golint


    On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 10:26:13 AM UTC-7, Jimxu wrote:

    I am trying to search around any similar issues but couldn't see to find
    one.

    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/sys/... (just example here, get
    target doesn't seem to matter)

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/sys?go-get=1

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v
    golang.org/x/sys/...

    It will occasionally segfault like this,

    /usr/bin/go-5 get -u -v golang.org/x/tools/...

    unexpected fault address 0x0

    fatal error: fault

    [signal 0xb code=0x80 addr=0x0]

    goroutine 26 [running]:

    zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/go-5 get -u
    golang.org/x/tools/...


    It fails constantly on my machine, so it seems highly reproducible.

    uname -a

    Linux u-server 3.19.0-18-generic #18-Ubuntu SMP Tue May 19 18:31:35 UTC
    2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

    /usr/bin/go-5 version

    go version go1.4.2 gccgo (Ubuntu 5.1.1-6ubuntu1) 5.1.1 20150519 linux/amd64

    dpkg -S /usr/bin/go-5

    gccgo-5: /usr/bin/go-5

    apt-cache policy gccgo-5

    gccgo-5:

    Installed: 5.1.1-6ubuntu1

    Candidate: 5.1.1-6ubuntu1

    Version table:

    *** 5.1.1-6ubuntu1 0

    500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ wily/main amd64 Packages

    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

    Is this known?
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupgolang-dev @
categoriesgo
postedMay 28, '15 at 5:26p
activeJun 12, '15 at 5:53a
posts10
users4
websitegolang.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase