So, all.bash works now, passing all the tests, and we'd like to
integrate our changes. I think Dave will set up an arm64 builder
today.

Remaining bits would be the peep optimizer, the arm64 bits for the new
assembler, and the disassembler.

I propose we first integrate it into a dev.arm64 branch. I will merge
dev.cc often in this branch. Then, after it matures more, we can merge
it in either dev.cc or in master (depending on whether the c2go
tranlation will be at that point integrated into master or not).

How does that sound?

If it sounds ok, I propose we create a dev.arm64 branch from commit
89162307cd2ddf0a514d3a3ed9f7b94e45f1cb15.

Then I will propose the changes to this branch (gerrit requires the
target branch to exist before proposing).

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

  • David Crawshaw at Feb 23, 2015 at 9:31 pm
    If all.bash passes and there's a builder, why not go straight to the
    master branch?
    So, all.bash works now, passing all the tests, and we'd like to
    integrate our changes. I think Dave will set up an arm64 builder
    today.

    Remaining bits would be the peep optimizer, the arm64 bits for the new
    assembler, and the disassembler.

    I propose we first integrate it into a dev.arm64 branch. I will merge
    dev.cc often in this branch. Then, after it matures more, we can merge
    it in either dev.cc or in master (depending on whether the c2go
    tranlation will be at that point integrated into master or not).

    How does that sound?

    If it sounds ok, I propose we create a dev.arm64 branch from commit
    89162307cd2ddf0a514d3a3ed9f7b94e45f1cb15.

    Then I will propose the changes to this branch (gerrit requires the
    target branch to exist before proposing).

    --
    Aram Hăvărneanu

  • Aram Hăvărneanu at Feb 23, 2015 at 9:36 pm
    Because it's branched from dev.cc. dev.arm64 is the conservative
    option, we could merge it directly into dev.cc, but I'd like to keep
    the C version of the compiler for a little longer.

    --
    Aram Hăvărneanu

  • Russ Cox at Feb 23, 2015 at 9:43 pm
    I am going to merge dev.cc into master TODAY.
    Please plan to submit the arm64 to master too.
    Fewer branches is better.

    Thanks.
    Russ

  • Rob Pike at Feb 23, 2015 at 9:45 pm