I'm thinking, many users want those APIs. Usage is below:

     p, err := os.ExpandPath("~/.bashrc")

or

     p, err := filepath.Expand("~/.vimrc")

How about this? At least, I want this.

- mattn

  • Rob Pike at Feb 20, 2015 at 5:14 am
    The rules of file name expansion are operating-system- and shell-specific.
    I think it's a can of worms better handled outside the main repository.

    -rob