In http://golang.org/cl/3580 Michael MacInnis is proposing two
additions to the os/signal package: Ignore and Reset. These new
functions permit ignoring signals and resetting signal handlers to the
value they had when the program started (that is, either ignored or
default handling). It occurs to me that this proposed API change was
not discussed on this list. I wanted to raise it here to see if
anybody objects or thinks this should be implemented in a different
way. Thanks.

Ian

  • Andrew Gerrand at Feb 16, 2015 at 3:20 am
    The API LGTM. Made some doc suggestions. No comments on the implementation.
    additions to the os/signal package: Ignore and Reset. These new
    functions permit ignoring signals and resetting signal handlers to the
    value they had when the program started (that is, either ignored or
    default handling). It occurs to me that this proposed API change was
    not discussed on this list. I wanted to raise it here to see if
    anybody objects or thinks this should be implemented in a different
    way. Thanks.

    Ian

  • Russ Cox at Feb 17, 2015 at 1:45 am
    LGTM