I realize it's probably not the time to fix this now, but I was reading
the linker source and found a comment which lead me to check and find
that it seems the cfunc field on LSym is never set in current code,
which also means that there are no references to morestackc or the
stackguard1 field on g. Have I missed something, or can all this code
be ripped out? (After the c2go stuff has landed, presumably).

Cheers,
mwh

  • Minux at Feb 12, 2015 at 11:29 pm
    FWIW, I tried to remove stackguard1 in CL 2144, but Russ reverted my CL
    later.
    I realize it's probably not the time to fix this now, but I was reading
    the linker source and found a comment which lead me to check and find
    that it seems the cfunc field on LSym is never set in current code,
    which also means that there are no references to morestackc or the
    stackguard1 field on g. Have I missed something, or can all this code
    be ripped out? (After the c2go stuff has landed, presumably).
  • Russ Cox at Feb 13, 2015 at 10:05 pm

    I realize it's probably not the time to fix this now, but I was reading
    the linker source and found a comment which lead me to check and find
    that it seems the cfunc field on LSym is never set in current code,
    which also means that there are no references to morestackc or the
    stackguard1 field on g. Have I missed something, or can all this code
    be ripped out? (After the c2go stuff has landed, presumably).
    It's not used today but I intend to start using it, to mark certain runtime
    functions as "must run on g0 stack".

    Russ

  • Michael Hudson-Doyle at Feb 14, 2015 at 1:41 am

    Russ Cox writes:

    On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Michael Hudson-Doyle <
    I realize it's probably not the time to fix this now, but I was reading
    the linker source and found a comment which lead me to check and find
    that it seems the cfunc field on LSym is never set in current code,
    which also means that there are no references to morestackc or the
    stackguard1 field on g. Have I missed something, or can all this code
    be ripped out? (After the c2go stuff has landed, presumably).
    It's not used today but I intend to start using it, to mark certain runtime
    functions as "must run on g0 stack".
    Ah, cool, so s/cfunc/g0func/ or similar. Thanks for the clarification.

    Cheers,
    mwh