I just fixed the "playground" and "net" projects. They were the only two
with merge policies instead of cherry-pick.

I see we have at least one merge commit in the net repo:

https://github.com/golang/net/commit/174cd93deca8f4533208a475ec64309cc4619387

I don't know whether this will break various tools (which might assume a
linear history?) like adg's commit watcher program.

Do we want to rewrite history while we still kinda can? I don't know.

Russ?