git clone https://go.googlesource.com/go
cd go
git status
# On branch master
# Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
#
# Changes not staged for commit:
# (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
# (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
directory)
#
# modified: doc/codewalk/popout.png
# modified: doc/go-logo-black.png
# modified: doc/go-logo-blue.png
# modified: doc/go-logo-white.png

+lots more, all binary files.

I'm running this on linux.

  • Brad Fitzpatrick at Dec 12, 2014 at 9:38 pm
    Yeah, the previous fix wasn't right. See
    https://github.com/golang/go/issues/9281

    Feel free to revert it for now. Windows can stay broken until we figure out
    a plan.

    # Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
    #
    # Changes not staged for commit:
    # (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
    # (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
    directory)
    #
    # modified: doc/codewalk/popout.png
    # modified: doc/go-logo-black.png
    # modified: doc/go-logo-blue.png
    # modified: doc/go-logo-white.png

    +lots more, all binary files.

    I'm running this on linux.

  • Minux at Dec 12, 2014 at 9:42 pm
    Interesting, I just checked this on Linux.

    I'm using git 2.2.0. It shouldn't change the files already in the repo.