Maybe just pie-in-the-sky, but I keep coming up against a strong
desire (unfulfillable at the moment, at least by me) to be able to
mark-up my code with TODOs and BUG comments which, in my opinion, are
different sides of the same coin: issues that need to be addressed,
but do not have an immediate resolution.

This is a lot like the XXX convention, I'm asking that we reserve a
few tags now so that we can use them later without fear that we'll be
treading on anyone's toes. Reservation will also provide a rallying
point for ideas around the actual design and implementation of tools
when we get to that. Naming the tags themselves should require
minimum bike-shedding.

Am I pushing my luck?

Lucio.

  • Brad Fitzpatrick at Nov 27, 2014 at 6:49 am
    You can use whatever conventions you'd like.

    Or if you're proposing something more (e.g. godoc support), do specify.
    Maybe just pie-in-the-sky, but I keep coming up against a strong
    desire (unfulfillable at the moment, at least by me) to be able to
    mark-up my code with TODOs and BUG comments which, in my opinion, are
    different sides of the same coin: issues that need to be addressed,
    but do not have an immediate resolution.

    This is a lot like the XXX convention, I'm asking that we reserve a
    few tags now so that we can use them later without fear that we'll be
    treading on anyone's toes. Reservation will also provide a rallying
    point for ideas around the actual design and implementation of tools
    when we get to that. Naming the tags themselves should require
    minimum bike-shedding.

    Am I pushing my luck?

    Lucio.

  • Dave Cheney at Nov 27, 2014 at 6:51 am
    What is a tag ? Do you mean a comment ?
    Maybe just pie-in-the-sky, but I keep coming up against a strong
    desire (unfulfillable at the moment, at least by me) to be able to
    mark-up my code with TODOs and BUG comments which, in my opinion, are
    different sides of the same coin: issues that need to be addressed,
    but do not have an immediate resolution.

    This is a lot like the XXX convention, I'm asking that we reserve a
    few tags now so that we can use them later without fear that we'll be
    treading on anyone's toes. Reservation will also provide a rallying
    point for ideas around the actual design and implementation of tools
    when we get to that. Naming the tags themselves should require
    minimum bike-shedding.

    Am I pushing my luck?

    Lucio.

  • Minux at Nov 27, 2014 at 7:08 am