Hello! Our laboratory is involved in development of heterogeneous system
which is running under our Plan9 port. So we faced up to the problem of
porting go under Plan9 on ARM. We tried different patches for previous
versions of go, and our attempts to make the built applications run on
Plan9+ArmadaXP failed. Since the last discussion in this group in 2011
there were no news about porting efforts.
So are there any plans about the official go support for Plan9+arm or not?

With great enthusiasm,
--
Andrey Myagkov,
Research engineer

  • Minux at Nov 19, 2014 at 10:28 pm

    Hello! Our laboratory is involved in development of heterogeneous system
    which is running under our Plan9 port. So we faced up to the problem of
    porting go under Plan9 on ARM. We tried different patches for previous
    versions of go, and our attempts to make the built applications run on
    Plan9+ArmadaXP failed. Since the last discussion in this group in 2011
    there were no news about porting efforts.
    So are there any plans about the official go support for Plan9+arm or not?
    all existing plan 9 Go ports are contributed by external contributors.

    That said, as we already have ports for 386 and amd64, adding an arm port
    shouldn't be very difficult.

  • David du Colombier at Nov 19, 2014 at 10:55 pm

    Hello! Our laboratory is involved in development of heterogeneous
    system which is running under our Plan9 port. So we faced up to the
    problem of porting go under Plan9 on ARM. We tried different patches
    for previous versions of go, and our attempts to make the built
    applications run on Plan9+ArmadaXP failed. Since the last discussion
    in this group in 2011 there were no news about porting efforts.
    So are there any plans about the official go support for Plan9+arm or
    not?

    With great enthusiasm,
    I'm one of the current maintainers of the Go port on Plan 9.

    A year ago, Gorka Guardiola started a port of Go to plan9/arm.
    However, it was abandoned and never completed.

    As Minux said, Go already run on plan9/386, plan9/amd64,
    linux/arm and freebsd/arm, so a plan9/arm port shouldn't
    be too difficult.

    While we still have in mind to revive the plan9/arm port,
    we're still busy following the evolution of Go and fixing
    the remaining issues on plan9/386 and plan9/amd64.
    This is really a matter of free time.

    Any help to work on the plan9/arm port would be greatly
    appreciated, especially if you are already familiar with
    Go and Plan 9.

    --
    David du Colombier

  • Aram Hăvărneanu at Nov 20, 2014 at 9:33 am
    To bring it to plan9/386 and plan9/amd64 quality, plan9/arm is
    probably a couple of days worth of work, for a dedicated person.

    --
    Aram Hăvărneanu