I've been reading the asm docs in http://tip.golang.org/doc/asm#runtime
and trying to figure out if the asm code I've contributed needs any
annotations.

http://tip.golang.org/src/crypto/sha1/sha1block_arm.s

Seems to be OK as it doesn't call anything but

http://tip.golang.org/src/crypto/md5/md5block_arm.s

Does
   a) have pointers in the stack frame as local variables (p_end and p_data)
   b) call runtime.memmove
        * http://tip.golang.org/src/runtime/memmove_arm.s

So this would seem to me that it might need fixing?

As I understand it pointers are no longer allowed in the stack frame as
local variable (not input arguments or the results) - is that correct?

Apologies in advance if I've misunderstood!

--
Nick Craig-Wood <nick@craig-wood.com> -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick

  • Keith Randall at Nov 3, 2014 at 6:38 pm
    You should be ok because memmove is marked as nosplit. Only if you're
    calling something that is splittable (or calls something splittable,
    recursively) do you need to worry.